APS Precast, A Division of C&S Group Operations Ltd., a Langley based manufacturer of architectural and structural precast concrete products. The strength of APS is in the experience and qualifications of its management and employees, its high technology plant, and superior quality control. We are a family business focused on the growth of our company and our people. We are simply a great place to work.
APS Precast is seeking an organized and hardworking individual that has a passion for the Occupational Health & Safety with strong communication and relationship building skills to join their dynamic team. This is a full-time position for an energetic person. The right candidate will be enthusiastic and self-motivated; a person with passion to make difference.
- Professional designation will be considered – Construction Safety Officer (CSO), NCSO, CRSP, CSS or applicable post-secondary education in safety.
- A thorough knowledge of construction / manufacturing practices, techniques and related equipment.
- A solid understanding of the OH&S regulations for the province of BC.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in a Safety / HSE role.
- A valid level 2-3 First Aid Certification and Fall Protection Certification is a must.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs.
- Conduct work area inspections to ensure equipment, materials and processes do not present a safety, health or environmental hazard.
- Assist management and employees with safety programs, participations and compliance.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise level, use of machinery etc.).
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation.
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and management.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues of non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment).
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Complete First Aid report when necessary.
- Prepare reports or occurrences and provide statistical information.
- Investigate workplace incidents, and ensure all documentation is provided to appropriate supervisors and management.
- Assist in the investigation process when necessary and be prepared to be involved in the preparation of incident reports and summaries.
- Maintain and track all recordable statistics, training requirements for plant/project specific needs and schedule training to ensure compliance.
- Deliver training including but limited to: TDG, WHMIS 215 etc.
- Attend all applicable safety meeting including toolbox talks.
- Assist with the development and review of job hazard assessments (JHA), Safe Work Practices (SWP) and Safe Work Procedures (SJP).
- Understanding of Crane and Forklift operations.
- Report appropriate information to Production Supervisors, Human Resource, Accounting, and Senior Management.
- Canadian SIN.
- Current resident of Canada.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada without the need for TFW designation.
APS Precast offers a competitive total compensation package along with an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, vision, and long term disability.
Please submit resume and cover letter via online application form below.
Compensation based on experience.
Only resumes of candidates under consideration will be acknowledged.
Thank you for your interest.
C&S Group is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
“The best minute you spend is the one you invest in people.”