APS Precast, A Division of C&S Group Operations Ltd., a Langley based manufacturer of architectural and structural precast concrete products. The strength of APS Precast is in the experience and qualifications of its management and employees, its high technology plant, and superior quality control. We are a family business focused on the growth of our company and our people. We are simply a great place to work.
APS Precast is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Concrete Quality Control Inspector to join their dynamic team. This is a full-time position for an energetic person. The right candidate will be enthusiastic and self-motivated; a person with passion to make difference.
- Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for Quality Control Inspection.
- Inspect the materials, forms and final product for conformance with requirements and tolerances.
- Fresh and hardened Concrete Test according to ASTM and CSA Standard Test Procedures.
- Review all plans and specifications, drawings and client requirements.
- Perform in-house concrete tests.
- Responsible for third party audits.
- Keeps track of all QC related documents.
- Follows company’s Quality System Manual and procedures.
- Sets performance standards to meet company wide technical quality and service goals.
- Must demonstrate the ability to formulate and implement new, improved and innovative processes, procedures or tactics.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Canadian SIN.
- Current resident of Canada.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada without the need for TFW designation.
Preferred Areas of Experience/Skills/Knowledge
- 5+ years of experience in the construction industry.
- Excellent working knowledge of blueprints and plans.
- Strong knowledge of concrete materials, reinforced and pre-stressed concrete is a must.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communicational skills.
- Must demonstrate a passion for Quality and process improvement.
- Have the ability to work on a full range of precast or pre-stressed concrete projects – from heavy structural and civil to Architectural to miscellaneous CIP conversions to precast.
- PCI/ACI certification an asset.
APS Precast offers a competitive total compensation package along with an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, vision, and long term disability.
Please submit resume via online application form below.
Compensation based on experience.
Only resumes of candidates under consideration will be acknowledged.
Thank you for your interest.
C&S Group is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
“The best minute you spend is the one you invest in people.”