APS Precast, A Division of C&S Group Operations Ltd., a Langley based manufacturer of architectural and structural precast concrete products. The strength of APS Precast is in the experience and qualifications of its management and employees, its high technology plant, and superior quality control. We are a family business focused on the growth of our company and our people. We are simply a great place to work.
APS Precast is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Purchaser to join their dynamic team. This is a full-time position for an energetic person. The right candidate will be enthusiastic and self-motivated; a person with passion to make difference.
- Purchasing of materials and services from the best possible sources.
- Receiving of materials and managing inventory.
- Checking packing to ensure bills of lading comply to shipment and coordinate deliveries to job sites.
- Order industrial supplies, fasteners, tools, concrete components and equipment.
- Arrange rentals of tools and other services.
- Trace shipment, follow up undelivered goods, and resolve problems.
- Maintain an active equipment rental list, small tool repair and inventories.
- Communicate with suppliers on shortage, back orders, errors etc.
- Coordinate with accounting and account payables.
- Assist the project estimators for pricing.
- Coordinate freight for major materials purchase.
- Negotiate with suppliers’ representatives and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Superintendent.
- 5+ years of Buying or Purchasing experience with a relevant education.
- Previous purchasing experience within a concrete or precast manufacturing and construction environment would be an asset.
- Able to read plans or blueprints, extensively organized, a keen problem solver and able to multitask.
- Ability to govern delivery schedules, receiving of goods, determine contract terms, pricing terms, etc.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Flexible in attitude and interpersonal skills to interface with design engineers and plant workers.
- Position required strong English communication skills, including written, spoken and comprehension.
APS Precast offers a competitive total compensation package along with an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, vision, and long term disability.
Please submit resume via online application form below.
Compensation based on experience.
Only resumes of candidates under consideration will be acknowledged.
Thank you for your interest.
C&S Group is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
“The best minute you spend is the one you invest in people.”