C&S Group has been introducing innovative tile, natural stone, and architectural precast products to distributors, fabricators, retailers, contractors, architects and designers for over 50 years.
The organization consists of three companies: C&S Tile (Burnaby), Margranite (Burnaby and Surrey/Port Kells), and APS Precast (Langley). Each company has its own unique product line and area of specialization, yet collectively share a commitment to best in class quality and customer service standards.
We are an established leader in each of our respective sectors and the multi-divisional nature of C&S Group provides employees with a variety of options for career growth and advancement.
The Margranite manufacturing plant is seeking an Office Administrator to provide general overall organizational expertise to a small single person office. The plant employs 6-8 machine operators and related personnel within two large warehouses spread over a 4+ acre site in the Port Kells area of Surrey, BC.
The successful candidate must have a calm demeanour, a precise attention to detail, and be comfortable working independently for extended periods of time within an informal production plant environment. The ability to communicate effectively, and methodically manage both competing and ever changing priorities will be integral to success.
The position would likely be of interest to those who have worked in an administrative capacity in an active construction project site office, but would definitely not be suitable for anyone who desires significant social interaction with co-workers.
- Lead operation of single person manufacturing plant office.
- Facilitate communication and flow of information/documents between plant and head office.
- Prepare paperwork for ground transport of natural stone slabs to the USA.
- Support outside sales reps to ensure USA shipments are processed accurately and efficiently.
- Monitor, track, and coordinate the production, processing and internal transfer of slabs.
- Affix inventory tracking labels after production and assist with inventory control.
- Perform routine bookkeeping related tasks and coordinate preparation of time sheets.
- Position reports to COO (who works from head office) but will also be under the direction of multiple persons including the President and Controller.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a dynamic office administration role.
- Patient/calm demeanour.
- Self motivated. Ability to be productive while working autonomously.
- Excellent verbal/written communication.
- Canadian SIN.
- Current resident of Canada.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada without the need for a TFW designation.
Preferred Areas of Experience/Skills/Knowledge
- Natural stone products.
- Bookkeeping or basic accounting.
- Word, Excel, CRM, etc.
- Attention to detail.
- High standards and personal accountability/integrity.
- Sound judgement.
- Strategic problem solver.
- Reliable, dependable, trustworthy.
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly wage rate will be commensurate with experience.
- Group Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care Plan is provided.
- Group RRSP is available.
- Full time position.
- 7:30 am start time is standard.
- Open to discussion of flexible 4 day or reduced hour work week for the right individual.
- Submit Resume and Cover Letter via online application form below.
- Indicate hourly wage rate expectations.
- Only candidates selected for follow-up interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.
C&S Group is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
“The best minute you spend is the one you invest in people.”