C&S Group has been introducing innovative tile, natural stone, and architectural precast products to distributors, fabricators, retailers, contractors, architects and designers for over 50 years.
The Company consists of three Divisions: C&S Tile (Burnaby), Margranite (Burnaby and Surrey/Port Kells), and APS Precast (Langley). Each Division has its own unique product line and area of specialization, yet collectively share a commitment to best in class quality and customer service standards.
We are an established leader in each of our respective sectors and offer employees an excellent opportunity for career growth and advancement. Both within a single Division as well as across the breadth of the organization as a whole.
The Manufacturing Machine Operator position requires safe work practices, attention to detail, good judgement, a strong work ethic and personal accountability. The successful candidate must be mechanically inclined and have no hesitation working in a variety of environments (e.g. indoor/outdoor, cold/hot, wet, dirty, noisy, etc.).
Experienced applicants are preferred, but all necessary training will be provided to individuals that demonstrate the capacity to work hard, work smart and commit to learning on the job.
- Cut/polish/finish granite and quartz slabs from raw blocks
- Operate heavy machinery (e.g. gang saw, polish/resin line, stone fabrication, etc.).
- Maintain production quotas and quality standards.
- Stand for long periods with frequent lifting (up to 50 lbs.) and bending.
- Willingness to listen, learn and follow directions.
- Canadian SIN.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada without the need for TFW designation.
Preferred Areas of Experience/Skills/Knowledge
- Overhead cranes and/or forklifts.
- Relevant OH&S standards (e.g. WHMIS, First Aid, etc.).
- Blueprints and construction drawings.
- Basic math including the ability to convert between imperial and metric measurements.
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly wage rate will be commensurate with experience.
- Group Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care Plan is provided.
- Group RRSP is provided.
- Submit resume via online application form below.
- Indicate hourly wage rate expectations.
- Only candidates selected for follow-up interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.
C&S Group is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
“The best minute you spend is the one you invest in people.”