APS Precast, A Division of C&S Group Operations Ltd., a Langley based manufacturer of architectural and structural precast concrete products. The strength of APS Precast is in the experience and qualifications of its management and employees, its high technology plant, and superior quality control. We are a family business focused on the growth of our company and our people. We are simply a great place to work.
APS Precast is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Estimator with Concrete Experience to join their dynamic team. This is a full-time position for an energetic person. The right candidate will be enthusiastic and self-motivated; a person with passion to make difference.
- Canadian SIN.
- Current resident of Canada.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada without the need for TFW designation.
- Minimum 5 years construction sector experience.
- College/ University education relevant to construction/engineering.
- A solid background working with companies serving the needs of the real estate development, architecture, and construction markets.
- Exceptional communication skills and marketing skills.
- Solid ability to read and accurately interpret blueprints/design drawings, plans and other relevant documentation.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills combined with a customer orientation.
- Excellent planning, organizing, time management, problem solving, and decision-making skills accompanied by seasoned judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with little direct supervision as well as collaboratively with a team.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of products.
- Position involves local travel to client locations throughout the Greater Vancouver/Fraser Valley area, and Washington State. Must possess valid BC driver’s license.
- Reviewing plans, specifications, drawings and client’s requirements.
- Developing estimates according to the company’s standard bid procedures.
- Preparing precast takeoffs.
- Identifying cost breakdowns, clarifications, job scope details and exclusions for the bid proposal.
- Process/disseminate Requests for Information (RFI’s) for estimating and job addendums.
- Assist in budgeting of jobs and pricing for change orders.
- Involved in post-project analysis of jobs bid from a continuous improvement perspective.
- Meeting with potential clients and marketing the products.
APS Precast offers a competitive total compensation package along with an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, vision, and long term disability.
Please submit resume via online application form below.
Compensation based on experience.
Only resumes of candidates under consideration will be acknowledged.
Thank you for your interest.
C&S Group is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
“The best minute you spend is the one you invest in people.”