APS Precast, A Division of C&S Group Operations Ltd., a Langley based manufacturer of architectural and structural precast concrete products. The strength of APS is in the experience and qualifications of its management and employees, its high technology plant, and superior quality control. We are a family business focused on the growth of our company and our people. We are simply a great place to work.
APS Precast is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Batch Plant Operator (Mixer) to join their dynamic team. This is a full-time physically demanding position for an energetic person that desires career advancement. The right candidate will be enthusiastic and self-motivated; a person with the passion to come to work each day and make a contribution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Batching concrete meeting specifications.
- Cleaning of batch plant and aggregate systems.
- Troubleshoot batching and conveying systems.
- Low level maintenance of systems (aggregate, batch, mixer, etc.).
- Complete inspection reports on systems and report any issues for follow-up.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations; as well as, the Company Health and Safety Responsibilities and Accountabilities.
- Knowledge of aggregate system, batch system and mixer system-how they operate.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times, especially when handling stressful situations.
- Available to work (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday, occasional Saturdays may be required.
- Experience working with hand tools.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Please note this is a physically demanding job and will require regular lifting of up to 50lbs.
- Have a mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in precast concrete.
- Ability to read shop drawings.
- Canadian SIN.
- Current resident of Canada.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada without the need for TFW designation.
Work Site Environment:
- Safety is highest priority: Steel toed boots and other PPE mandatory.
- Fast paced, high productivity.
- Hazards include noise, dust, and heavy equipment.
- Frequently exposed to temperatures of extreme hot or cold.
- Regular use of a respirator is required, must be clean shaven.
- Regularly required to work in isolation and confined spaces.
APS Precast offers a competitive total compensation package along with an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, vision, and long term disability.
Please submit resume via online application form below.
Compensation based on experience.
Only resumes of candidates under consideration will be acknowledged.
Thank you for your interest.
C&S Group is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
“The best minute you spend is the one you invest in people.”